Friday, March 25, 2016

English People and the Good Word

Week 19~ March 21, 2016

This week was an interesting one! We were so busy. 

BEST NEWS. 
On Wednesday on the train ride home from District Meeting there were two guys sitting in the aisle across from me and one was being SO LOUD. I was super annoyed so in an attempt to quiet him down I started proselyting (judge me for not doing it right away please). Well, it didn't work. Then at the next stop, the loud guy got off the train and I noticed the other guys actually studying the pass along card I gave him. So I genuinely started proselyting. Turns out he is GOLDEN. His name is Andrew. We taught him the Restoration two days later and he just ate it up. He came to church on Sunday and loved it and the ward LOVED him. Everyone was talking with him and he is YSA age and the YSA people did such a good job fellowshipping him. I have never been more proud of my sweet Bracknell Ward then I am right now. Andrew loved church and he fit right in. 

Wednesday night we also had a Reach Out night inviting investigators, less active members, and just anyone else. The Stake President and Bishop came and the success was good! There was 16 people there. Although it kind of turned into group therapy, it was still good.

We had many lessons this week and the work is really picking up. We had some awesome dinner appointments which I absolutely adore. One was with an American family. They are SO COOL. He is a lawyer and she is a doctor and they are just so interesting. Both of them have lived around the world and went to Ivy League Schools and its safe to say that I basically idol them. 

This ward has such good people. I LOVE LOVE LOVE English people. Best people. Phillip, a recent convert took us out to dinner and he ALWAYS spoils us. He is the kindest man ever. He bought us groceries as well and it was literally everything and so much more that we would have needed and wanted. And the Hamiltons are amazing as well. I think it is safe to say that this ward has the best ward mission leader in the church. He is always taking us out to teach and to visit people so we don't have to bike and I just love them. I think I love them so much because they feel like family to me, and they laugh at my dumb jokes.

We invited Albert to be baptized, and he isn't ready yet, but he is doing well too. Science studies the creation and religion studies the Creator. He has a hard time mixing the two. 

A few weeks ago we started teaching a man from Romania, English. He wasn't too keen about learning about the Gospel, but we were able to help him out for a bit. Then, we had to drop him because he tried to hold my hand and was asking me 'why I am so beautiful'.... It's amazing what people can learn in a new language when they want to. GAH. I have such a phobia to men nowadays. On a different day, a different investigator shook my hand and then leaned close to kiss me! I didn't know what the heck he was doing so I turned my head super quickly and he was like 'what? you don't do kisses?' and I was like NO. AWKWARD Sister missionary life at its finest. 

Sister Hailee
Anyways, lots of love, 

Sister Hailee

Sister Hailee
Sister Hailee and Sister Lacey
Sister Hailee and Sister Lacey

No comments:

Post a Comment