Sunday, February 21, 2016

.... And then I broke my toe.

Hello!

Last week was a good one! We had Specialized Zone Training meeting with President Gubler, and the Assistants came and taught us. It was SO good. President Gubler is amazing. He spoke about how usually a missionary gets his mission call based off of the mission president and not the location of the mission. I am certain I was sent here to have him as my mission president because he has already helped me so much. We had president interviews as well and he just told me how divine I am as a daughter of God. It was so nice. 

We took one of our investigators, Albert, to the temple on Saturday to the Visitor's Center and to watch the Restoration. I love that movie! Every time I watch it I always feel the Spirit so strongly and it reconfirms to me that Joseph Smith really was called of God and translated the Book of Mormon through the power of God. It is incredible! Every time I read the Book of Mormon I always learn so much more about Christ. Being on a mission really does heighten the spirit as you read scriptures and it seems like every verse has so much more meaning. Albert talks A LOT. We kept having to tell him to stop talking and listen to the VC sister's presentation. Those poor sisters. They looked so frustrated. He has such a good heart though! He is just so intellectual being a world renowned scientist and all...

Last week we also taught Owen and committed him to setting his own baptismal date. Sisters have been teaching Owen for years and he has never fully committed but he loves the church. Well, this morning we got dropped by him. Such a disappointment! It's okay though because if he isn't ready to commit then someone else will be. 

I gotta say, riding bikes as a sister mish is a love hate relationship. I love that I get to exercise and breath the fresh air (if you can call it that, it seems like EVERYONE smokes here), but it sure gets cold too. Last week as we were riding my brakes decided they didn't want to work anymore, so I ran into a metal fence on my bike. BIKE WRECK. I got the wind knocked right out of me as my handlebars slammed into me. Worst of all, my big toe is broken! It is pretty cool though since it is swollen and bruised. I couldn't walk much on it for a couple of days and I had to wear fuzzy wanna-be UGG boots since I couldn't get any other shoes on. Super missionary professional... 

So something that I have learned about England is that there are a TON of cats here. Everyone has cats. We go visit Sister Georgina every week and she has 11. I LOVE HER. I attached a picture of me holding her one-eyed cat. He had glaucoma. Poor guy. She is so cool though. She is crazy in the best way possible! 

On Friday as a celebration/ hazing for being trained, Sister Torvinen dyed my hair and I dyed hers. I was terrified. I haven't used a box hair dye in so long. It turned out alright. I hear that every sister missionary has to do something like that with her hair. It's part of the culture. 

I am OFFICIALLY done with training. Hallelujah! BEST DAY EVER. As of about one hour ago,  I picked up my new companion and am leading my area, Bracknell BERKSHIRE. I love Bracknell. English people are seriously the best people ever! So the rules changed that missionaries will now be traveling alone for transfers. So, when Sister Torvinen left this morning I was companion-less for awhile. The Hamiltons drove us to the train station, and the Sister Training Leaders came to spend a few hours with me, but for about 30 minutes I was without a companion. It would be so strange to travel alone... and all my luggage on a train during rush hour sounds awful. I think I'll stay in Bracknell FOREVER. 

 My new companion is Sister Lacey from UTAH! GOD BLESS AMERICA. For real though, I love her already. She has been on her mission for 14 months and stayed in the same area the WHOLE time. So, this is only her second area. I think we are going to be great together.

Love you all!!

Sister Hailee 

Sister Coulson with Sister Torvinen
Sister Coulson


Future cat lady!
Visiting  Sister Georgin with Sister Torvinen
At the Visitor's Center with Albert. 





No comments:

Post a Comment