Monday, February 8, 2016

Last Week in Training

Hello everyone!

So I haven't written a 'weekly email' basically since the MTC for multiple reasons, but I am going to try that again.

HALLELUJAH It is my last week in training! I ALMOST MADE IT THROUGH 12 WEEK. I can't even begin to describe how happy that is making me.

This past week was quite eventful.  On Monday the ward mission leader and another member took us to Oxford. It was so nice! I absolutely loved Oxford. It was the 'real deal' English feel to it. They also took us to lunch for my birthday. We went to one of the oldest pubs in England. It was so neat to actually be in Oxford. That night at FHE everyone sang 'Happy Birthday' to me and we ate cake. So nice!! 

On Tuesday we went to Roehampton just outside of London for a doctor's appointment. It takes so long to get there, but it was nice to be able to be out of the area on my birthday. Yay 22! Everyone feel free to play some T-swift for me because I definitely sang it inside my head basically all day. Sister Torvinen took me to lunch as well for my birthday. One thing that the UK is really lacking is some Mexican food, but we went to Portuguese food which was also delicious. After doing some missionary work, one of the members took us out to pizza at Pizza Hut for my birthday as well. They spoiled me! 

Wednesday we were out visiting some less active members and teaching recent coverts and then we went to a family that we teach that lives right next to us. They are Baptist, but so great! I love being in homes with people. They fed us Nachos. We invited them to go to the London Temple Visitor's Center so hopefully that happens. The ward here would love to have another family! Isn't that everyone's dream though? Baptize a whole family? 

Thursday we had District meeting and that was fun. Our district is great. We have the Sister Training Leaders in our district so after the meeting we went on an exchange with them in Farnborough.... not that any of you really know where that is, but that's okay. The 'exchange rules' have changed, at least for our mission. Instead of a going to separate areas with the STL's, we all go to their area for the time. It was basically a big slumber party after planning session. They are great. It is crazy to me how many countries people in this mission come from. Sister du Plessis is from South Africa and Sister Thompson is from Mississippi. We pulled all of the mattresses into the living room and went to sleep there. 

Friday we returned from the exchange and worked in our area. That night, a member, Philip, spoiled us for my birthday and took us out to Chinese food. It was so nice! He is always spoiling the missionaries. Members really take care of us here, especially when it comes to dinner appointments.

This weekend we had stake conference. We took one of our investigators, who is a famous scientist. I'm not even kidding. He always tells us about these science things and the stuff he is working on, and we knew he was really smart. Then, the Ward Mission Leader 'Googled' his name and found a whole bunch of stuff about it. He was on Planet Earth talking about his work and there was all of these other things that were so extreme. We were shocked. He has been telling us how in 2020's there is going to be famine across the world and about how the glaciers in Greenland are melting. Our meeting on Saturday at Stake Conference was about Self-Reliance and talked about different aspects of it (mental, spiritual, temporal) and he loved that our church is preparing for 'destruction'

The people here are what make England the best! 

Thank you everyone that wished me a Happy Birthday. I miss and love you all and am grateful for each of your love and support. It means so much! 

Love,

Sister Hailee
Sister Coulson in Oxford

Oxford is COOL


Lunch at the Pub~ Happy Birthday!

The Reading Zone




No comments:

Post a Comment